Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lantern Festival

Ok, just an update from what I did a few days back... Went to the Lantern Festival on Sunday with Calvin, his sister, and Kiran down at Victoria Square in town... Went down at 7.30 pm when it was still nice and bright (it's summer here, so long days) and it was absolutely packed with people... It was hard trying to find a parking spot and when we did, it was another 10 minutes walk to the Square... Anyway, it was rather fun wondering around, sniffing the aroma of food as we walked past various food stalls, listening to people karaoking and just winding your way through the many people in the square... There were actually some pretty nice lanterns there, dragon shaped, turtle shaped, ostrich shaped... Practically any animal under the sun has a lantern in their name... Though the setup n idea was great... Overall, it was pretty disappointing... There wasn't really anything that you can do there and yeah, it was quite sad... Hahahaha... Anyway, am still trying to upload some photos from my phone... But my phone refuses to be picked up by my com... So if in fact I manage to upload them, then I'll post them up in this post :)

No comments: