Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hairbands...

Once upon a time, in a country far far away, there lived this commoner who owened a magic mirror. Every day, he would go up to it and ask the same question, "Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who's the gayest of them all?" And every day the mirror would reply, "There is none other that is as gay, Your Acidity"

You know, I don see why the male species can't or don't wear hairbands... I mean, what's wrong with it? After trying on my cousin's pink hairband (which goes very well with my pink shirt if I may say so myself), I decided it looks alright... Sort of gay-ishy, but it was alright... I think it's due to the fact that we relate these kind of things to GIRLS!!! Hairbands belong to girls, hairties and ribbons belong to girls as well... But then we grew up in a environment where our parents dressed us and we were tee totters... We didn't have a chance to dress ourselves or do up our hair. OUr parents had to do all of that and since girls hair are usually tidied up with hairties and hairbands and what nots... We grew up relating items by gender... Some items just happened to be unisex... When I wore the hairband, I noticed 2 things... Firstly, the hair is kept nice and tidy and pushed back in nice straight rows... Secondly, there is space for ventilation due to the tidied hair... Thus, it is able to cool down your head much quicker than leaving your hair as it is...

Pretty much how I looked with a hairband...

Not a very good picture though, took it from a webcam... But yeah, it was interesting to see how I looked with a headband on... One of my friends here is actually OFFERING me one of her black hairbands, so I might, just might have a different hairdo when I get back to Malaysia...

P.S. If you didn't get the "Your Acidity" joke at the beginning, think ethanoic acid...

No comments: