Tuesday, September 30, 2008

As I Promised...

Here we go, as I promised, this blog shall be on the Burnside High School Ball 2008 which I attended on the 16th of August... So, where shall I begin? Woke up rather late that day and just waited for my friend to come over to prepare for this event. So my friend came around at like 3pm that day and stayed over till it was time to get ready to go to the ball... So we got our suits on, bathed, make ourselves look pretty on off we went...

Here was my friend trying to style my hair. Unfortunately, no amount of hair cream worked :(

Here I am, all dress up and ready to go to the ball. Man, I look horrible.

So at about 8pm, we left the house, with my uncle as the chauffuer, to the Hotel Grand Chancellor, where the ball was to be held, admittedly we got there a triffle bit early so we had to stand outside and wait for a while... Haha... Cold but oh well... Well, we were allowed to enter at 8.30pm n enter we did... Had our breath tested for alcohol levels (Yes, people do get seriously drunk here) n we entered the dining hall... Was quite surprised to see that the dance floor was so small... Expected it to be much bigger... So for the first hour or so, all we did was just sat and chit chat n watched some real pro dancers doing their stuff... It was awesome...

Anyway, some of us guys finally got the courage to got up and dance (not paired of course, more like the kind you would do at the club)... N dance we did... First song we danced to was YMCA n Mickey... haha... So cool... Though watching some of my friends dance was like watching the Dance of the Nerds... Kinds of puts an image into your head on what kind of ppl I mix with... Yes, I'm a nerd and I'm not afraid to be one...

Anyway, after a few dance beats, us guys decided to take a photograph together, as shown:

Looks kind of gay eh? All packed together like sardines... Ohoh.. Spot ethan...
Awww, Ethan's got a girlfriend... Haha... But seriously, doesn't she look nice? And i'm joking, she's not my girlfriend, not my date either... What a pity...
For your information, my uncle did tried to make a bet with me on the Beijing Olympics, and if I lost, I had to take her to the ball... But thankfully he forgot all about it...

So after that, we had a bit of food (a bit disappointing really, but you can't expect much for 45 bucks) and we went back to the dance floor!!! Weeee.... I have some pretty wicked moves now.. haha... Not surprisingly. the dance floor was jammed pack with people... I can't believe it... Almost every other minute I was stepping on some girl's toes... Ouch... Haha...

Check it out man... This guy's got some groovy moves...


So yeah, that's basically all we did, ate, dance, rested, gave way to paired dancers halfway through, and then went back... Had a blast though... The ball was awesome... Btw, woke up the next day for church, and my ears hurted from the worship music... That's how bad I was feeling the next day... Really, really bad...

Me, a happy man after the ball... Cheers guys... Two thumbs up

No comments: