Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My 10 Hour Flight Ordeal

So let's begin my journey back... I was dropped off at the airport by my uncle at 0900 hours... Bags packed and loaded in the boot, I said my final goodbyes to my aunt and cousins and went to the airport to be checked in... So there I was, waiting patiently for my friends to turn up while flipping through the books in the book store, occasionally checking the monitors in the lounge to ensure that my gate has not changed and that the flight was not delayed... Anyway, it was 1050 hours when we entered the boarding gate, another hour before our actual flight, just sitting around, chatting with my friends and being all excited that in 13 hours or so I'd be back in Malaysia... So, 1115 hours when we began boarding the plane... I can tell you now that my experiences with planes has never been good... I hate the feeling of walking into the plane, mentally feeling the change of pressure on your skull, like your skull is gonna explode... I hate taking off or landing, especially when your ears begin to hurt like crazy... I hate airplane food, just because it looks soggy and smells disgusting... Haha... Anyway, a 10 hour flight... Thankfully I was sitting quite close to my friends so I could always get out of my seat and walk to where he/she was sitting... Like I told my friend, you don't pay to sleep on the plane... You pay to use the in-flight entertainment and for the food... Haha... So that's what I did... For the whole 10 hours of flight from Christchurch, New Zealand to Singapore, I used the in-flight entertainment to the fullest... Watching movies I have never seen before such as Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Incredible Hulk, and Hellboy I... The rest of the time I spent either eating or playing random games on the entertainment units... Although I hate airplane food, I'll still eat it... So anyway, we had 2 meals on board the flight, lunch and some kind of snack to keep us going... For lunch, we had a choice of meatballs and linguini or fish and rice... Next to airplane food, I too despise fish... Haha... I gotta say this though, when it was my turn to be served, the air hostess told me that they were out of fish... Haha... That seemed to be my lucky day... I hate fish!!! So very much... Especially steamed fish... Lol... So yeah... However, I had an option during the snacks of chicken or beef... I had chicken and surprise surprise, it was actually really nice... Haha... That was basically my flight all the way to Singapore... The flight to KL was not too bad except that the plane was filled with koreans and they were making so much noise... Sigh... All I wanted was some peace and quiet... My head was about to burst from exhaustion and jet lag and I just couldn't take the noise anymore... haha... The 35 minute flight was soon over though and I could finlly prise myself away from those noisy bunch of people... So, I reached Malaysia and guess what, I find myself waiting at the airport for an hour and a half because my family were running late... So cheers Cheri for making the call to my dad for me, you were awesome, and now I owe you big time... Haha... I saw her online and she was the very first to welcome me to Malaysia... Haha... Oh well, now I'm back and making the most of life here... Haha... Oh one more thing, one thing I found real confusing was the fact that Singapore airlines uses calming music when they play their safety video... I mean, if you want people to pay attetion to the video, Why would you want to play calming music? That would only want to make people fall asleep... Haha...

No comments: